Where does a director’s responsibility begin and end? What does the liability of a director entail? How can a board increase its efficiency? Following from last year’s successful workshops, Vinpro will host another series of Directors Training sessions this year.
The purpose with the board member training is to provide new and experienced directors with updates on changes in the regulatory environment, with a host of practical case studies of how effective governance could be implemented within a wine cellar environment. Vinpro’s Directors’ Training is presented with support from NEDBANK.
- Role of directors and board: understand the fiduciary and legislative responsibility and accountability of a director (individual) and board (collective).
- Effective working practices: comprehend the different roles, attributes and working practices that make a director and board effective.
- Wine cellar strategy and strategic reporting: evaluate some potential strategy agenda items for a wine cellar and what board discussion should occur.
- Governing the business: understand the business levers that the board should influence to effect good governance, together with practical examples for wine cellars.
- Performance management: recognise the importance of a structured performance management process, and how this links to talent management.
- Business ethics: comprehend the governance implications of being an ethical wine business.
- Each course will be held over two days from 08:30 – 12:30, at physical locations in the respective regions.
Each course will be held over two days from 08:30 – 12:30, at physical locations in the respective regions.
The cost is R1 950 per person for the full course, which includes training material (now available in Afrikaans and English).
Wineries are encouraged to register representatives from their board of directors and top management, up to a MAXIMUM OF 4 REPRESENTATIVES per business entity. Should there be a greater interest, the workshops can be expanded (we can accommodate about 18 people per session).
(online registrations only; space is limited)
Individual cellars (producer or private wineries) also have the option to arrange for a single session for owners, boards and management. Should you be interested in this option, please contact Christo Conradie at tel 021 276 0429 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kim Scholtz at 021 276 0429 or email email@example.com.