Where does a director’s responsibility begin and end? What does the liability of a director entail? How can a board increase its efficiency? Vinpro will be rolling out a series of regional training sessions from June to September to provide winery directors with insights to boost their boards’ efficiency.
Vinpro’s Directors’ Training is presented with support from NEDBANK.
“Recent macro-economic events and corporate failures are placing higher expectations on the role of the board and individual directors to ensure that the necessary governance safeguards are implemented to ensure effective oversight of a company,” says Christo Conradie, Vinpro’s wine business manager. “Wine cellars are no exception, especially given the increasing regulatory complexity and business challenges the wine industry is continuously exposed to.”
Vinpro’s Directors’ Training will provide new and experienced directors with updates on changes in the regulatory environment, with a host of practical case studies and examples of how effective governance could be implemented within a wine cellar.
- Role of directors and board: understand the fiduciary and legislative responsibility and accountability of a director (individual) and board (collective).
- Effective working practices: comprehend the different roles, attributes and working practices that make a director and board effective.
- Wine cellar strategy and strategic reporting: evaluate some potential strategy agenda items for a wine cellar and what board discussion should occur.
- Governing the business: understand the business levers that the board should influence to effect good governance, together with practical examples for wine cellars.
- Performance management: recognise the importance of a structured performance management process, and how this links to talent management.
- Business ethics: comprehend the governance implications of being an ethical wine business.
Each course will be held over two days from 08:30 – 12:30, at physical locations in the respective regions.
9 & 10 JUNE: Breedekloof
30 JUNE & 1 JULY: Worcester
7 & 8 JULY: Robertson
4 & 5 AUGUST: Klein Karoo
11 & 12 AUGUST: Swartland
24 & 25 AUGUST: Paarl
1 & 2 SEPTEMBER: Stellenbosch
15 & 16 SEPTEMBER: Olifantsrivier
Dates for the NORTHERN CAPE training sessions are still to be confirmed at the end of September.
These are the first in a series of directors’ training sessions, which will be presented annually going forward.
Wineries are encouraged to register representatives from their board of directors and top management, up to a MAXIMUM OF 4 REPRESENTATIVES per business entity.
The cost is R1 950 per person for the full course, which includes training material.
BOOK ONLINE HERE (ONLY ONLINE BOOKINGS AVAILABLE)