Representation of and strategic support to cellars & processors to enhance efficiency.
The Wine Cellars division was established after a merger between VinPro and Wine Cellars South Africa in 2013. This division’s activities centre on representation of its members at all levels of the industry, as well as on various external industry related forums (advocacy) and supporting the cellar members with business and strategic related information.
- Wieta (Wine Industry Ethical Trade Association) – Ethical and social practices, aligned with international standards and audit activities.
- Wosa (Wines of South Africa) – Promoting the VinPro member’s interests fully, and ensuring strategic dialogue, in collaboration with Salba (SA Liquor Brandowners’ Association).
- Winetech – Participating in discussions and planning surrounding training, research and technology transfer.
- AWARE (Association for Alcohol Responsibility and Education) – Alcohol harm reduction and promoting the responsible use of alcohol through focused projects.
- Excise Committee – Taking ownership of specifically wine and brandy in discussions with National Treasury surrounding excise duties.
FOCUS AREAS INCLUDE:
- Wine value-chain analysis.
- Identify and addresses the legislative and policy environment – on the many fronts – that impacts on the wine business environment.
- Collating and sharing of wine-business specific information for informed decision making.
- Ethical trade, transformation and training.
- Effective energy management and reduction of carbon footprint.
The Wine Cellars division is aligned with the spectrum of services VinPro renders, and continuously maintains contact with members in the processing segment of the wine value-chain.