Representation of and strategic support to cellars & processors to enhance efficiency.
The Wine Cellars division was established after a merger between VinPro and Wine Cellars South Africa (the organisation for more than 50 producer cellars) in 2013.
This division’s activities centre on representation of its members at all levels of the industry, as well as service delivery from physical cellar activities and representation on various industry forums to an annual conference during which prominent issues are addressed.
- Wieta (Wine Industry Ethical Trade Association) – Ethical and social practices, aligned with international standards.
- Wosa (Wines of South Africa) – Promoting the VinPro member’s interests fully, and ensuring strategic dialogue, in collaboration with Salba (SA Liquor Brandowners Association).
- Winetech – Participating in discussions and planning surrounding training, research and technology transfer.
- ARA (Industry Association for Responsible Alcohol Use) – Promoting the responsible use of alcohol through focused projects.
- Excise Committee – Taking ownership of specifically wine and brandy in discussions with National Treasury surrounding excise duties.
Focus areas include:
- Wine value-chain analysis
- Integration of VinPro services as a package
- Ethical trade, transformation and training
- Human resource development
- Effective energy management
- Reduction of carbon footprint
The Wine Cellars division has been aligned with the already established spectrum of services VinPro renders, and continuously maintains contact with members in the processing segment of the wine value-chain.
Manager: Wine Cellars
Cell: +27 (0)82 497 4987