We currently have an opportunity for a dynamic person to join our media team at WineLand Magazine. The successful candidate will report to the Manager WineLand Media and Communication and will be responsible for the following:
- Writing of articles, coordinating, editing and caring for various elements of the magazine, blog and website
- Quality assurance of content produced which includes proofreading and checking content for accuracy and clarity, ensuring compliance to publication.
- Project management
- Communicate and liaise with key industry role-players to ensure good relations and maintain existing relations.
- Contribute to the creation of industry relevant content to ensure consistency and quality for the publication.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the publication and company’s position to ensure differentiation in a competitive market.
- Relevant degree or diploma, preferably post graduate, in Journalism or Communications.
- 5 years’ experience in written media, copy editing and publishing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Afrikaans and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong focus on detail
- Self-disciplined, well-organised, self-motivated and insightful
- Ability to multitask
- Must be highly creative and imaginative
- Must be strong in both concept generation and copywriting
- Excellent communicator that is results driven, can motivate and push boundaries.
- Strong networking skills to ensure an integrated and consistent communications message
- Openness to learn and adapt to new challenges
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae in MS-Word format, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
Closing date: 20 March 2017
If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward applications to Margot Julies at email@example.com.