Become a Member
Do you grow wine grapes, make wine or partner with the wine industry? We’d like you to become part of our community.
AS A VINPRO MEMBER YOU…
1. Can focus on growing your business, while we level the playing field
Vinpro oversees the strategic investment of statutory levies by advocating on behalf of its members on legislative, trade, socio-economic and technical issues through liaison with Government, civil society & industry.
2. Are kept updated on industry news, trends and technical innovation.
Receive the monthly WineLand magazine, as well as notifications of pertinent issues and dates, as well as discount on selected events such as the Nedbank Vinpro Information Day in January.
3. Gain access to a full spectrum of services and products, from the soil to the shelf.
From GIS maps and soil science and viticulture consultation to quality vine plant material, agricultural economic assistance, BEE advice, IT business management software and coordination of wine tourism.
4. Are part of a network of industry expertise.
Vinpro works closely with industry business units WOSA, Winetech and SAWIS, as well as other wine-related institutions, technical groups and associations. If we can’t help, we know who can.
5. Are rewarded for practising and promoting ethical trade.
Vinpro members receive a subsidy from the Vinpro Foundation on completion of specific ethical trade audits. The Foundation, inter alia, contributes to vineyard worker training and funds and supports further development.
WHO CAN BECOME A VINPRO MEMBER?
Vinpro has four membership categories, each with its own prerequisites and fees:
1. WINE GRAPE PRODUCER
Produce at least 5 tons of wine grapes and/or deliver it to a cellar for the production of wine, spirits or juice, as a SAWIS member.
2. WINE GRAPE AND WINE PRODUCER
Produce at least 5 tons of wine grapes and make wine from it for marketing purposes, as a SAWIS member.
3. WINE PROCESSOR
Process at least 5 (five) tons of wine grapes to make wine, spirits or juice, as a SAWIS member.
Partners in the grape and wine supply chain, e g farm manager, viticulturist, winemaker, researcher, cultivar association, supplier or financial institution. No SAWIS membership required.
YOU’RE INTERESTED, NOW WHAT?
Apply online, download and submit application forms, or let us contact you.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORMS
- Wine Grape Producer application form and resolution form
- Wine Grape and Wine Producer application form and resolution form
- Wine Processor application form and resolution form
- Associated application form and resolution form
Please complete and submit both the application form and signed resolution to firstname.lastname@example.org
LET US CONTACT YOU
Provide your details here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.